Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Decisions For Dummies.

I am not one to easily make decisions without mulling it over and over and over again.  Once I make a decision, I go back to mulling over that decision making sure I made the right choice; reassembling this house has been no different.  You see, Ed loves the mechanical and technical aspects of gutting a home.  Me, I love putting it back together piece by beautiful piece.  But, of course, piecing the house back together requires decisions - some of which have been made, others not so much.  We pretty much have the bathroom squared away decision wise in terms of color, tile, sinks, faucets, sconces, etc.  The colors for the house are narrowed down and they're beautiful (well, we think so at least).  Connor, we found out, is quite good at making decisions.  His room will be a killer shade of green and one wall black.  Black you ask?!  What the hell kinda mother am I?  I bet you're thinking soon he'll be sporting a blue mohawk, start wearing eyeliner and painting his fingernails black.  Oh, you little sillies.  No, no, no.  The black wall in Cmans room will be chalkboard paint!  Isn't that the coolest thing ever?  Cman thinks so and so do we.

However, the kitchen is whole other story.  We have a general idea of where we're going with it, but Ed and I cannot decide (woah! no way) on lighting.  Well, we know we want recessed lighting, but over the sink we can't put a pot there, so we have to get a pendant light.  The only thing is this, we have a eat-in-kitchen-bar-extended-counter-thing that had two pendant lamps over it - uneven lamps, but lamps.  Because the dining room is so close to the kitchen (the open flooooow baby) and we have an incredible chandelier in mind, we're worried all the lights will be too many in too confined an area.

So, what do you think?  Recessed over the eat-in counter and just one lamp over the sink? Or two small pendant lamps over the eat-in counter to match the one over the sink and just hope it doesn't look cluttered or competitive with the future chandelier?  Just when I think I've decided and Ed gives the ok, I'm back to Googleing images to help me...make a decision (for dummies).  

No comments:

Post a Comment