Sunday, June 19, 2011

This is the Part Where We Get Disgusting.

Last weekend I demonstrated and shared my (and Mandy's) impeccable destruction abilities and my mastermind plan with the super hero bean-e-doo.  The mastic adhesive that was left over on the floor from the faux(pas) tiles was thick in some places and directly adhered to the concrete we wanted access to.  No Bueno, Amigos!  We want a cleaaaaannnn concrete floor; not a jacked up with black crap concrete floor.  So, Friday night Ed and I went to the house to do some work before our oldness set in and our bedtime rolled around.  Ed finished up the plumbing in the bathroom (which has come quite a ways, btw)  and I became acquainted with the super bean in a 5gallon bucket.  I spread the super bean all over the mastic covered floor and actually heard the concrete sigh a sigh of relief -- like it was thanking me for saving it.
 
Looks like an ice rink, doesn't it?  

So, the super bean was left over night to work its super hero work and flex its super hero muscles while fighting the evil mastic that's trying to take over the concrete floor (insert evil laugh here).  On Saturday morning Ed and I headed back to the house to check on mastic fighting super bean.  The super bean flexed its muscles all night and it was exhausted.  So, I grabbed my new squeegee and started jumped right into the super hero action cleaning up the defeated mastic.  High-Five!  I squeegee'd the old-motor-oil-like-mastic into piles and then put Oil-Dry on the piles to soak up the grossness.  
After HOURS and HOURS of clean-up - I'm talkin' scraping up Oil-Dry, shoveling, more squeegee-ing, Simple Green scrubbing, vacumning, more scrubbing, more vacumning, etc. - it was clean.  I have to say, after all of this work (this room is huge) I was a hurtin' pup (much like someone else we all know) and I was FILTHY and DISGUSTING.  So, want to see what the room looks like naked??  Drum roll please ......
Do you see what I see?!  The picture doesn't show a completely dry floor, but it's 85% dry.  Do you see how gross my feet are?  The top half of me and me fingernails weren't much better.  I went upstairs to see what trouble Ed was getting into and he had done a sheet-ton of work!  Get it?  Sheet rock? Shit-ton?  Ha ha. I'm so clever.  Anyway, Ed finished cement boarding the shower and put up one wall of green mold resistant sheet rock on the window side wall of the bathroom.  
I am excited.  We were both too exhausted to rock the other walls, but a few nights this week will take care of those other walls.  This weekend proved to be a very productive weekend.  We have a 100% set in stone plan for the basement floor that is rad.  The bathroom will be taking shape quite nicely in the next two weeks.  Then, it's on to the kitchen. Oh, the kitchen.  

1 comment: