Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We Are Talkin' Cents, Baby...

So, do you remember a while back when I spoke about how Ed and I never pay full price for anything we purchase?  Well, we held true to our philosophy while making some major (and gorgeous!) purchases this weekend.  Check out the deals we scored!!  Ready for this amazingly gigantic dose of awesome sauce?  Can you handle it?!  I said ... CAN YOU HANDLE IT?!  Ha ha.  Yelling is almost as fun as using a wrecking bar.  Note, I said almost.


So, now that I'm done yelling at you (with a smile on my face, of course), I want to share with you a very proud moment for not only Ed and I, but for our wallets.  Remember I mentioned my favorite online shopping site ebates.com?  Well, using them at Lowes.com earns you a whopping 4.0% cash back.  Memorial Day weekend boasted a LOT of amazing sales and desperate need to boost the American economy.  Well, we par took in this attempt to boost the economy and for good reason.  Check it out...



Kelly and Ed price: $719 + tax + free delivery + 4.0% cash back.  Total: $746.00  Savings: $293.00 (!!) 

Next up: 
Kelly & Ed price: $424.50 +tax + free delivery + 4.0% cash back. Total: $441.00.  Savings: $381.00 (!!).  

So, are you all proud of us?  All and all, we spent $1187.00 opposed to the $1861.00 without sales.  We still have to buy the matching dryer and microwave, but honestly, this red house is expensive ( I know you thought that exact thought after seeing the gutted bathroom AND kitchen) and making sure there's enough to go around is more important than a dryer/microwave right this minute.  Priorities people.  We have landed in the world of adulthood and honestly, it's weird to be excited over appliances when I used to be excited over concert tickets by the 10x and the next road trip I was going to take.   Ah, how life changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment